Monday, January 14, 2008

Internship - Day 1

So this is just a quick note on my first day of my internship. It wasn't nearly as awkward as it could have been. There was an uncomfortable silence or two, but not too bad.

We had a short meeting where he outlined the make up of the department. He then listed off the things that he would like to get accomplished with my help. So far we are set on writing portions of the PPD newsletter as well as keeping the website up-to-date and working on the Green awards of recognition. He wants to me chair meetings of some sort (I have it written down) and I said I'd love to firstly because it will be more hours for my commitment and second because that is what I need to work on - talking with people I have no personal connection to.

We also toured the new campus rec facility, which was awesome. Got to do some photography and ask questions. Should have thought to steal some pictures. Then we tried to work on a poster, but his computer was slow like death and I never go the chance.

I don't think I'll post everyday, but who knows maybe.

No comments: