Sunday, February 11, 2007

My first brown crush

Where to start where to start. I know I had said that planning my blogs was going to be the way that I raised their quality, but you sometimes things just happen that are more interesting. Well relatively.

My planned blog topics, or just stuff that I've wanted to touch on yet that I haven't include, my inability and insatiable desire for muscle. Would have been good for visuals. Also there is my white issues. Stuff like how I don't see myself as brown and I am so white, culturally, what is my heritage? That would go into really weird political and sexual areas, and I would probably go crazy writing it.

My first brown crush however kind of ties into that. I have always been attracted to white guys exclusively for a long time now. Even when I lived in India, I always kept my eye on the European boys. Today however, over an English muffin and a mug of tea, I heart fluttered when I caught my first glimpse of Zaib Shaikh as Amaar Rashid on the CBC comdey Litte Mosque on the Prairie.

The show deals very frankly with muslins in the West, touching on everything from the hopes of modernization to the struggle to hold on to tradition. The story is told from a omniscient point of view so we get to see the town bigots, the older muslin communities reaction to the new Imam from Toronto, a progressive and the show's lead.

Zaib's handsome face and seeming detachment from the world's expectations of him (at least this is Amaar's approach to the world), I think are what make me hot for him. Also that fact that he is a leading minority character. I love success, its sexy in same way that Brady and Sundin are sexy. The sweat, blood, mud, quick quips and bright smiles. These are men who have succeeded.

I was going to go into my inferiority complex and how much I envy the talented writer of Debriefing the Boys, (whose blog is an inspiration to all multi-tasking, creative, sensitive, intelligent university homos everywhere), but I'm going to go smoke some bowls with Mike and then start editing my youtube video. Much more productive. And there, something to look forward to, non-existent readers. Until next time. Cheers

No comments: