Sunday, June 24, 2007

Coffee and Jazz

Kevin took me to Capilano park yesterday in North Vancouver. The park is at the base of Grouse mountain. There is a river dam and wooded valley, minutes from the city. Minutes.

Today after breakfest, I was having a smoke outside the bakery and the wonderful sounds of band called Uncommon Gold drew my from perch to the grassy square just up the road. This week is the Vancouver Jazz Fest, and though I am not a huge jazz fan, this band was awesome. They were a four piece of musicians, that were just fantastic. I think it was the lap steel that really made it.

I kind of just wanted to remind myself why I came out here. Its different. I really do love it out here. I will meet people in time. I will see my friends again. Think about the money. Got a job by the way. 40 hours a week at Vera's right on the beach. How could that be bad?

No comments: