Monday, January 29, 2007

Girl TV


Girl TV is always a guilty pleasure, and I'm not sure why. From when I was a young fag watching Ally Mcbeal, to middle school drama that everyone could get away with, Dawson's Creek, to the vernacularly endowed Gilmore Girls, I can only admit the addiction to other fans.

People's television choices in general are pretty fucked up. There isn't much to choose from these day, but what people seem to pick up and leave behind is weird. For example, 30 Rock, an SNL backed Tina Fay vehicle apparently got canceled. It appears from their website that there is a special episode coming up, but I don't know if they ordered a full season yet. Come on Meta tv is all the rage. And Tina Fay is awesome.

Thats a girls show too though. What brought me to the issue of girl tv is my only real series of choice this season. Ugly Betty is the story a girl from Queens trying to make it in Manhatten. She has a killer job and has to deal with all of these semi-moral dilemmas. The writing is fabulous, the lessons inspiring, the hunk, hunkilious (if a bit on the small side) and the aesthetic styling and shot composition is very modern.

I just thought that I was kind of interesting. Oh these are all things that you can check out on alluc.org

No comments: